Home Shopping is Like Speed Dating:
Is Your Listing the Most Eligible Bachelor?
With around 90% of home shoppers starting their quest online, “looks” count. It works very much like online dating.
Speed Dating: Real Estate Style.....
As a home shopper, you go to Realtor.com and scan all the eligible's in your desired geographical area.
- If no photos – you're out.
- You read all the profiles. Not much to say – you're out.
- You make your list of your Top Five and give it to your agent to arrange a “face to face” meeting.
- You arrive at house bachelor #1: Poor curb appeal – Next.
- You sniff bachelor house #2: Funny smells – probably not.
- When you walk through house #3, you understand what the dark pictures were hiding. Next.
- Bachelor #4 is vacant. It's OK. Feels cold. Seems small. Can't see yourself in it.
- And then you meet #5. Just like the photos portrayed it. Feels like you've already been there. Nice curb appeal. Smells good. Feels good. You see yourself living there, including where to put the sofa and TV. You're falling in love..... Gotta have it. “Yeah, contestant #3 was cheaper and #4 was larger, but......,
As an real estate agent, you have to prepare your listing for the Biggest Date of it's Life! Effective staging, fabulous photos, enticing remarks. It's the only way to get to “happily ever after”. Article by Lisa Harrison of TWEAK Your House.