Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
1001 Plum Lane, Anderson SC, 29621 MLS® #1340290
Home in None Anderson SC
No need to plan a vacation...why would you ever want to leave home again if this luxury estate was yours? Exquisite architectural details and craftsmanship abound, starting with the custom designed wrought iron gates and expansive circular drive leading to this magnificent brick home. As if the grandeur of the elegant front entrance wasn't enough, you'll discover that it is matched by the incomparable backyard that features a water and fire paradise. Private, walled and gated with exceptional entertaining areas, this 4-level mansion with 3-car garage is situated on 2.48 idyllic acres complete with a babbling brook running through the back of the professionally landscaped property. Balancing grand formality and traditional details with comfortable living and whimsical recreational areas, it offers the best of both worlds to impress the most discriminating guests while delighting friends and family. Built in 2000 by Gary McAlister, and boasting nearly 10,000 square feet of living space, the home features 6+ bedrooms including the gorgeous master on the main with en suite featuring an oversized jacuzzi tub, granite shower and his and her vanities, teen suite on the second level, and a bedroom currently being utilized as a craft room; 4 full baths and 2 half baths; 2-story foyer with spectacular center staircase; 2-story great room (with gas fireplace) that leads to the enormous Trex balcony/deck that spans the entire length of the home; formal living room (currently used as a study); sun room with French sliders opening onto a covered porch overlooking the pool; formal dining room; gourmet kitchen; breakfast room with octagonal vaulted wood ceiling; butler's bar; mud room; 3 laundry areas (large laundry rooms on the main and 2nd levels, laundry closet on lower level) and an additional staircase leads to the 4th floor home media/screening room with built-in theater seating. From the main level, another stunning staircase leads down to the lower level which features separate living quarters with its own family room (with gas fireplace); 2nd kitchen; 2nd dining area; billiards room; game room; two additional flex rooms (currently used as a bedroom and storage room); storage area and lower level garage. The surprises don't end here. A 1000+ sq. ft. covered cement patio accessed through multiple sets of French doors on the lower level leads to a private and spectacular oasis created by Signature Pools and expert artisans. The unbelievable resort style pool rivals that of a 5-star hotel with its own boulder wall encasing a water slide, waterfalls, jets, spray fountains, LED lights, torches, and spa...all of which can be set into motion with the flick of a remote from inside the home while overlooking the fire and water show from the balcony. Ideal for the largest of gatherings, the Baja steps/tanning ledges with built-in umbrellas offer the perfect spot for relaxing in the water and the massive stone and tile pool deck accommodates areas for dining, sitting and lounging, a gas fire pit, wrought iron fence and an open-air poolside cabana complete with gas fireplace, TV, sound, gas grill, refrigerator, ice maker and granite serving counter. A full bath on the lower level of the home with its own separate entry provides the perfect changing area for pool guests. From top to bottom, no expense was spared in creating this entire estate. Everywhere you look, you'll notice the finest of materials were selected from Brazilian cherry hardwoods, high-end granite and stone to substantial crown and base mouldings, custom built-ins, and faux-suede finished ceilings. It has a security system (owned), central vacuum, irrigation system, Andersen doors and windows and designer touches galore. Minutes from the lake, a short drive away from Clemson University, and less than 30 minutes to Downtown Greenville, the luxury, enjoyment and value this home affords is unparalleled in the Upstate.
- MLS® #1340290
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage7000+
- Year Built2000
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- StyleColonial, Traditional
- StatusContingency Contract
- ParkingDoor Opener, Side/Rear Entry, Yard Door, Attached Garage 3+ Cars
- Garage CapacityThree +
- GaragesDoor Opener, Side/Rear Entry, Yard Door, Attached Garage 3+ Cars
- Has PoolYes
- ExteriorWood, Brick Veneer-Full
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony, Hot Tub, Patio, Pool-In Ground, Porch-Front, Porch-Other, Windows-Thermal, Outdoor Fireplace, Outdoor Kitchen, Sprklr In Grnd-Full Yard, Generator
- Lot DescriptionFenced Yard, Level, Sloped Gently, Some Trees, Underground Utilities, Wooded
- Listing Agent:Ronnetta Griffin
- Listing Office:That Realty Group
- Address1001 Plum Lane
- Zip Code29621
- InteriorCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Concrete
- Interior Features2 Story Foyer, 2nd Stair Case, Cable Available, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Cathedral/Vaulted, Ceiling Smooth, Ceiling Trey, Central Vacuum, Countertops Granite, Open Floor Plan, Security System Owned, Smoke Detector, Some Window Trtmnts, Tub-Jetted, Tub Garden, Walk In Closet, In-Law Suite, Countertops – Laminate, Pantry – Closet
- AppliancesCompactor, Cook Top-Smooth, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Oven-Self Cleaning, Oven-Convection, Oven(s)-Wall, Refrigerator, Washer, Oven-Electric, Ice Machine, Microwave-Built In, Microwave-Convection
- HeatingMulti-Units, Natural Gas
- CoolingCentral Forced, Electric, Multi-Units
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesGas Logs, Outdoor
- StoriesThree +
- FloorsCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Concrete
- ElementaryNorth Pointe
- HighT. L. Hanna
Price Change History for 1001 Plum Lane, Anderson, SC (MLS® #1340290)
|Contingency Contract (from Active)||–||–|
|Price Reduced (from $1,499,900)||$1,299,000||$200,900 (13.39%)|
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2017.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on October 17th, 2017 at 12:31am CDT.