Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
22 Bennett Street, Greenville SC, 29601 MLS® #1347737
Home in None Greenville SC
Welcome to Oakleaf. From the moment you enter the property you know you are in a very special place. Featured in magazines and tours, this truly incomparable property in downtown Greenville is an island of beauty and calm in the heart of the city. Nestled on three acres professionally landscaped by noted designer Dabney Peeples, at approximately 8,500 square feet, this classic Southern estate has a rich history dating from the 1920’s, with many happy memories for “old Greenville” names who raised their families here. The current owners have transformed the home and grounds into a masterpiece! Modern comfort and convenience blend seamlessly with the home’s restored original splendor. Enchanting gardens, majestic oaks, giant magnolias, towering hemlocks and hundreds of boxwoods provide privacy and seclusion for this elegant estate. The English manor main house is a gem all its own. It has four bedrooms and four and a half baths; luxurious, formal dining and living rooms; an incredible gourmet “chef’s kitchen” with the latest top-of-the-line appliances; and a full bar. Large breakfast and keeping rooms adjacent to the kitchen open onto a cozy den with mahogany built-in bookcases, a cypress vaulted ceiling and a handsome gas-log fireplace. One of Greenville’s finest wine cellars has a custom brick floor, original brick walls, an air filtration system, and custom designed wine racks that will accommodate plenty of your finest vintages. The master suite has a spacious walk-in closet, a bathroom with custom-designed his and her vanities with marble countertops, additional closets, and a shower. There is also resort-quality living provided by the sizeable swimming pool and magnificent two-story pool house containing a bar/kitchen, dining and living space, sauna, workout facility and billiards room. Near the main house there is a two-bedroom, two-bath guest house. It includes a bedroom with a full kitchen, living area, and breakfast nook on one side of the house, and on the other side (separated by stairs) a guest suite with a breakfast kitchen. The property has a total of six bedrooms, seven and a half baths, and a third-floor children’s activity and sleeping area, providing ample space and comfort for owners and guests alike. There is also a two-car, drive-through garage; a separate single garage with workshop and storage attic, a koi pond with cascading waterfall; a back-up generator; and security and audio systems. Winding around and between the four buildings are “old brick” courtyards and walkways lined with boxwood hedges, stone patios, covered entertainment areas, and a dazzling array of plants and flowers. This is the ultimate home for entertaining and special occasions, for large families, or even for a lavish bed and breakfast. Visit this enchanting place and experience the irresistible lure of its special charm. This is your opportunity to add to the Oakleaf legacy by making your own special memories. Detailed photos and virtual tour may be obtained from listing agent.
- MLS® #1347737
- Full Baths7
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage7000+
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- ParkingDetached Garage 3+ Cars
- Garage CapacityThree +
- GaragesDetached Garage 3+ Cars
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Has PoolYes
- ExteriorWood, Other
- Exterior FeaturesPatio, Pool-In Ground, Porch-Front, Porch-Other, Sprklr In Grnd-Full Yard, Pool House
- Lot DescriptionCorner, Cul-de-Sac, Fenced Yard, Level, Pond, Sidewalk, Sloped Gently, Some Trees, Underground Utilities, Wooded, River
- FoundationCrawl Space, Sump Pump
- Listing Agent:Jacob Mann
- Listing Office:Coldwell Banker Caine/williams
- Address22 Bennett Street
- Zip Code29601
- InteriorBrick, Carpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Pine, Stone
- Interior FeaturesBookcase, Cable Available, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Cathedral/Vaulted, Ceiling Smooth, Countertops Granite, Countertops-Solid Surface, Intercom, Open Floor Plan, Sauna, Security System Owned, Smoke Detector, Some Window Trtmnts, Walk In Closet, Wet Bar
- AppliancesCook Top-Gas, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Freezer, Microwave, Oven-Self Cleaning, Oven-Convection, Refrigerator, Washer, Other, Ice Machine, Wine Chiller, Double Oven
- HeatingForced Air, Multi-Units, Natural Gas
- CoolingCentral Forced, Electric, Multi-Units
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesGas Logs
- StoriesThree +
- FloorsBrick, Carpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Pine, Stone
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2018.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on August 16th, 2018 at 3:31am CDT.