Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
308 Crooked Rock Lane, Sunset SC, 29685 MLS® #1358023
Home in Other Sunset SC
Upon approaching 308 Crooked Rock Lane, conveniently located near the gatehouse and highway 133, at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac in The Reserve at Lake Keowee, one is struck by the unusually gentle slope of the land and the unexpected nearness of the water. The site’s openness, accented by areas of lush green lawn not often found on lakefront properties, imparts a resort-like atmosphere. From the lake, the home sits just inside the entrance of a protected, deep-water cove, and even boasts a small sandy beach. The house’s predominantly stone and timber exterior, which extends to the three-car detached garage and connecting breezeway, gives an eloquent nod to nature that continues inside. The foyer leads to an open living area, where a stone fireplace soars to the high ceiling on one end, and, on the other, a weighty, two-level island anchors the well-appointed kitchen. In addition to Wolf appliances, the kitchen supplies modern chef’s perks like a warming drawer, ice maker, wine cooler, and Miele dishwasher but its antiqued, cross-handled fixtures lend timeless soul. A sunroom affording three-sided lake views lies off the kitchen and dining area, and an office is situated behind French doors off the foyer. Through Marvin windows and sliding doors, a covered porch spans almost the entire rear of the home, and bestows unhindered vistas with retractable screens and discreet glass railing. Its multi-hued, reclaimed barn board ceiling light-heartedly plays off the colors of its slate tile floor. The main-level master suite has tranquil lake views and doors to the screened porch in the bedroom, while the bath pampers with his and her vanities, multi-head shower, and soaking tub. A large closet with center storage island and a smaller walk-in are outfitted with custom shelving, as are all closets in the home. The lower level is an entertaining nirvana, providing a family room with fireplace, game room, kitchen delineated by an L-shaped, sit-down bar of stunning black granite, and, beyond a handcrafted iron and glass door, a wine room with built-in racks, coolers, and stone accent wall. The lower level also incorporates three guest suites. To simplify post-lake cleanup, one of the full baths opens to the spacious rear patio, where massive stone columns frame scenes of the lake and grounds. Accommodations continue above the air-conditioned, epoxy-floored garage, to a self-contained, loft-style apartment with kitchen, bedroom/den, and full bath. Outdoors, a free-standing cut stone fireplace with ample seating area, as well as an Adirondack sitting “room” on the covered boat dock with lift, mean the exterior living areas can charm a couple or welcome a crowd. The Reserve at Lake Keowee is a lake and golf community offering a marina, clubhouse with fine and casual dining, village center, pool complex, and numerous other amenities. 308 Crooked Rock also offers excellent ingress and egress to the villages of Clemson and Pickens, SC.
- MLS® #1358023
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage5800-5999
- Year Built2008
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- AmenitiesClub House, Common Areas, Exercise Facility, Gated Community, Playground, Pool, Security Guard, Tennis Court, Water Access, Pet Restrictions, Vehicle Restrictions
- ParkingDoor Opener, Attached Garage 3+ Cars
- Garage CapacityThree +
- GaragesDoor Opener, Attached Garage 3+ Cars
- Is WaterfrontYes
- ExteriorStone, Wood
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony, Deck, Patio, Porch-Screened, Satellite Dish, Some Storm Doors, Some Storm Windows
- Lot DescriptionCul-de-Sac, Sloped Gently, Some Trees, Underground Utilities, Water Access, Water Front, Water View
- RoofWood Shingle
- Listing Agent:Justin Winter
- Listing Office:Justin Winter Sotheby's Intl.
- Address308 Crooked Rock Lane
- Zip Code29685
- InteriorCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood
- Interior FeaturesBookcase, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Cathedral/Vaulted, Ceiling Smooth, Central Vacuum, Countertops Granite, Security System Owned, Smoke Detector, Some Window Trtmnts, Tub-Jetted, Walk In Closet, Wet Bar
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Freezer, Refrigerator, Washer, Oven-Gas, Ice Machine, Double Oven, Microwave-Built In
- CoolingCentral Forced
- # of Fireplaces3
- FireplacesGas Logs, Masonry
- StoriesOne and 1/2
- FloorsCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2018.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on February 20th, 2018 at 5:31am CST.