Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
290 Earle's Fort Road, Landrum SC, 29356 MLS® #1358368
Home in Other Landrum SC
This lovely and elegant home feels like a mini-estate; it is appreciated by those looking for a custom-built, traditional-style, solid, all-brick home. Located just outside the city limits of Landrum, it is in a small subdivision just a few hundred yards from the Revolutionary War’s historic Earle’s Fort. Even viewing this home from the front one recognizes its strong character and setting among the many hardwood trees on its 3.89 acre lot. Once inside this 5 bedroom, 4 and a half bath 5,000 square foot living area home, one is greeted by a formal foyer which leads towards the spacious 9 feet ceiling height living room with a magnificent brick gas fireplace. On the back side of this home is a full, large covered and screened-in back porch with an adjacent large wood deck for those who love afternoon sunning or just good times with friends over for BBQ. Stepping into the kitchen it’s obvious it was designed for those who enjoy cooking. An abundance of white/wood cabinetry, lots of counter space and openness including a breakfast bar and spacious eat-in area best describes this kitchen. Next is the large and elegant formal dining room and chandelier…fit for a king… or those holiday and family meals. Upstairs are four bedrooms, one of which is the master, having large his and her closets. The master bath is very special and large: a garden, jetted tub; a long, double vanity with plenty of mirrors; and an oversized, ceramic tiled, glass front and door entry… and double showers. A bonus room is located at the end of the hallway upstairs which has two under eves storage area with separate door entries. There are two stairways to the second floor, one at either end of the floor plan. Downstairs is about 1,600 square feet of finished basement, fully heated and air conditioned. A bricked, wood fireplace accents the very large game/recreation room which also has an outside entrance to a partially covered, rear patio. In the basement there is a full bath with a large vanity area; two other rooms, one of which was used for a workshop. The finished basement is on a separate heat pump and air conditioning system. This area could be converted to become a mother-in-law suite. The original owners were very energy efficient minded when they had this home built. The brick outside the home is extended all the way to the soffit/roof lines; the basement walls are poured concrete; extra insulation was placed in and around all exterior wall, electric outlets; a wider wall with extra insulation was built between the living room and front bedroom wall to provide less sound traveling between the two rooms. The owners have kept recent electric bills and can show $143.65 was their average monthly electric bill. The landscaping was designed to have low lawn maintenance. The location is very convenient to two major grocery stores, 3 minutes to Landrum shops and restaurants, 25 minutes to Spartanburg, 35 minutes to Greenville, 7 minutes to St. Luke’s Hospital and Columbus, NC, and about 15 minutes to the Tryon Equestrian Center. HOA annual fee is $100.00. A guest cottage, a personal horse and house pets are permitted. No mobile homes or commercial businesses are allowed. Call for a private viewing of this unique and stately home.
- MLS® #1358368
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage5000-5199
- Year Built1994
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- ParkingDoor Opener, Side/Rear Entry, Attached Garage 2 Cars
- Garage CapacityTwo
- GaragesDoor Opener, Side/Rear Entry, Attached Garage 2 Cars
- ExteriorBrick Veneer-Full
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Patio, Porch-Enclosed, Porch-Front, Porch-Screened, Satellite Dish, Sprklr In Grnd-Partial Yd, Some Storm Windows, Tilt Out Windows, Vinyl/Aluminum Trim, Windows-Thermal
- Lot DescriptionLevel, Some Trees, Steep, Underground Utilities, Wooded
- RoofComposition Shingle
- Listing Agent:Ransom Kirby
- Listing Office:Ransom Real Estate
- Address290 Earle's Fort Road
- Zip Code29356
- InteriorCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Vinyl, Concrete
- Interior Features2 Story Foyer, 2nd Stair Case, Attic Stairs Disappearing, Cable Available, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Smooth, Countertops-Solid Surface, Security System Owned, Smoke Detector, Some Window Trtmnts, Tub-Jetted, Tub Garden, Walk In Closet, Split Floor Plan, Pantry – Walk In
- AppliancesCook Top-Smooth, Dishwasher, Disposal, Oven-Self Cleaning, Oven-Convection, Refrigerator, Cook Top-Electric, Oven-Electric, Microwave-Built In
- HeatingElectric, Forced Air, Multi-Units
- CoolingCentral Forced, Electric, Multi-Units
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesGas Logs, Ventless, Wood Burning Fireplace
- FloorsCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Vinyl, Concrete
- ElementaryO.P. Earle
- MiddleLandrum Middle
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2018.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on May 21st, 2018 at 12:01am CDT.