Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
831 Rutherford Road, Greenville SC, 29609 MLS® #1363405
Home in Croftstone Acres Greenville SC
Old house lovers – this one is for you! From character, to location, to land…this historic home is the complete package. Situated in the highly desirable North Main area, this historic, 1920s granite and stucco home has unparalleled charm. With .85 of an acre surrounded by magnolia trees, streams, and a spring, this is a private getaway in the middle of the city. Built in the 1920s, the residence was originally named “Rose Arden” and boasted hundreds of beautiful roses and azaleas. Many of the historic features are still apparent today – you’ll love the high ceilings, hardwood floors, thick beveled glass doors, crystal knobs, wide mouldings, and plentiful natural light. With four-bedrooms and 3.5 baths there is space for the whole family and for entertaining. The current owners added 1200 sf to bring the total square footage to 3,900. Enjoy all of the historical charm without sacrificing on modern amenities – from the master bedroom suite on the main floor, to the spacious family den that opens to the kitchen, to the large deck and two-car garage, this home has it all. At one time, the address was One Wedgewood Dr. in Croftstone Acres and the Wedgewood entrance still exists and is usable. This location is convenient to Downtown, North Main, Furman University, Travelers Rest, Greenville Hospital System, and St. Francis Hospital. It is also zoned for some of the finest schools in the district - Summit Drive, League Academy, and the award-winning Greenville Senior High. Don’t miss your opportunity for to enjoy a beautiful, historic, home with room to breathe – in the middle of one of Greenville’s most desired neighborhoods! Please note that an additional 1.76 acre parcel of abutting land is available as a first right of refusal to the purchaser of this exquisite property. Ask listing agent for details.
- MLS® #1363405
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage3800-3999
- Year Built1924
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- StyleCape Cod, Traditional
- ParkingWorkshop, Courtyard Entry, Detached Garage 2 Cars
- Garage CapacityTwo
- GaragesWorkshop, Courtyard Entry, Detached Garage 2 Cars
- ExteriorStone, Wood
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Patio, Porch-Front, Porch-Other, Windows-Thermal
- Lot DescriptionCreek, Fenced Yard, Sloped Gently, Some Trees, Wooded
- RoofArchitectural, Composition Shingle, Other
- Listing Agent:Heidi Putnam
- Listing Office:Coldwell Banker Caine/williams
- Address831 Rutherford Road
- SubdivisionCroftstone Acres
- Zip Code29609
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Hardwood, Slate
- Interior FeaturesAttic Stairs Disappearing, Bookcase, Cable Available, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Cathedral/Vaulted, Ceiling Smooth, Countertops Granite, Some Window Trtmnts, Pantry – Walk In
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Stand Alone Rng-Electric, Microwave-Built In
- HeatingGas Available, Natural Gas
- CoolingCentral Forced, Electric
- # of Fireplaces2
- FloorsCeramic Tile, Hardwood, Slate
- ElementarySummitt Drive
Price Change History for 831 Rutherford Road, Greenville, SC (MLS® #1363405)
|Price Reduced (from $749,000)||$745,000||$4,000 (0.53%)|
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2018.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on November 14th, 2018 at 4:16pm CST.